The future of our Company depends on attracting talented young people, like you, to work for us. That’s why Centennial Coal offers a range of exciting opportunities for graduates, apprentices and vocational students to develop their careers with us. If you become part of our team at Centennial, you can look forward to excellent training, development opportunities, as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Graduate Development Program
This two-year rotational program begins in January and includes working at various locations across the Centennial Group, enabling you to experience all aspects of our operations in both the Northern and Western regions.
Through this program, you will benefit from:
- Hands on, practical underground experience in longwall, development and continuous miner operations;
- A mentor with technical skills and experience in your field of study;
- Experience in project management;
- A corporate learning and development program, including First Aid Certificate, presentation and project management skills as well as postgraduate study support;
- A solid grounding for further statutory qualifications;
- A competitive remuneration package; and
- Relocation and rent assistance (where appropriate).
Throughout the Graduate Development Program, you will have access to an online system that explains the program as well as the key competencies you need to achieve. You will also have a mentor to guide you through the program and help you develop the skills you need to become a highly valued employee.
After successful completion of the program you will be able step into a role that matches your technical training and skills. Be prepared for a role that will challenge and stretch you to discover your true potential – after all, a career at Centennial is all about offering you the best learning and development opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
Resilient graduates and high academic achievers with a willingness to learn and the ambition to pursue a career in the mining industry. If you are flexible, a natural communicator and have leadership potential and excellent analytical skills, you could join us as a:
- Mining Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Health and Safety Professional
- Environmental Scientist
What do you need?
You must be an Australian citizen or hold a valid work permit and have a current driver’s licence. You will either have, or will complete, the relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree by January of the year you start the program.
The 2015 Graduate Program has been suspended. If this changes a notification will be placed on this page.
If you have any questions regarding graduate positions, please email email@example.com for further information.